Last week, my class did several problem solving projects. My favorite was the Rube Goldberg machine that I did with my group. Our goal was to pop a balloon. At the end we were successful.
I also enjoyed the task party. My favorite task was to do twenty artistic push ups. To do this, I put paint on my fingertips and I did the push ups. This was the result:
Artists solve problems: Limitations
For my Artists Solve Problems, I decided to use a physical limitation. When I was in kindergarten I was diagnosed with Dyslexia. Dyslexia is a learning disability; it changes the way one sees things. Instead of seeing things the right way, everything can appear backwards or switched. For me this includes letters and numbers. After I was diagnosed I had to relearn to write and read. In my piece I want to define what Dyslexia is on canvas and gradually throughout the description, letters and numbers turn backwards and switch, showing the viewer the way I used to see things before I got help. I've already gotten my canvas, and I've begun writing my statement. Here are some pictures I used for inspiration:
During this time I also decided to do another project to pass the time by. I used plastic based clay to make an ornament based on my favorite new TV show, American Horror Story: Freak Show. I used this picture for inspiration:
I used the clay to mold the Siamese Twins and wooden frame to surround them. I finished it off with acrylic paint to add color. Here is the finished product:
It will look great on the Christmas tree!